Monday, February 7, 2011

News, finances, oofs.

So the news is I finally made the move to live with Boo! Whew! Talk about painful though.

Cost of truck: 324.

Cost of gas: Close to 200.

Cost of sterilite: about 120.

So, christmas for me was light. I think I tried to spare as much as I could to keep things simple. The greatest part of it, was the knowing that I had received gifts that would work for others MUCH better than they would have for me. Regifting may be a frowned upon practice but I think I did it with care and grace and caution. It is not exactly an experience that I think I would need to repeat, but at least now, I have a barometer for how I feel about it and how that's going to work for me.

Tax season: I get back about 1100 from Uncle Sam and the State of CA COMBINED! Yay! I was not a head of household and I declared no exemptions. It feels good. However, I'm unsure if I fall under the group of people who won't get theirs processed til mid-February or if I will luck out and get the money in the two weeks or so from e-filing. I used this website and found it easy and informative. They do the work and then the next business day or so, they can tell you if it was approved for efile or if there are issues. They even help you with filing extensions! Highly recommended. It only took me about thirty minutes and that was because I wanted to fill in my own paperwork by hand during the time I was filing for this year. :D

Job hunt: goes. SLOWLY. But I'm not getting bogged down about because this is my first actual week here and I have time. I don't feel like it but I'm using the time while I'm looking to arrange things, get clothes put away, laundry done, meals cooked, basically fulfilling househusband (it fits me better than housewife, if you knew me, you'd know it's true) duties and trying not to feel down about this economy. Or my prospects. Or my lack of income. Or a myriad other things.

I have one excursion to San Jose at the end of this month and I have lodgings taken care of. My registration fees are 75$ and I'm in talks with the people I'm staying with about paying the lodging, one is a friend and we have an understanding because of my current job status so that she knows I may only be able to pay in payments.

Current debt could be completely paid off with the taxes and a little extra, but I think what I want to do is pay off the lower interest one and continue to carry the higher and the no interest for a couple months as those payments are lower than the lowest interest debt. It feels good to have a plan and it also means I can hold onto more of the tax money until I have a paying job.

Sounds hectic but the truth is, right now, between searching and househusband stuff, I've got time. It also helps that Boo is being amazingly patient with me and optimistic about my chances. She's a strong person and she's helping me remember that this may be the dark, but there is a dawn approaching.

No comments:

Post a Comment